Blog content use and moderation guidelines
Using and linking content
You may share or link to an article. When you do so, you must:
- Link or share the whole article.
- Not link or share part of an article.
- Not edit or change the article.
Using content we make available
You may link the content on a site we make available in the following manner:
- A link to the website or article is to be used only as a ‘hot’ link (direct link) to the article or webpage.
- .You must not create a browser or framed border environment around the site.
- You must not use or link any names, logos and trademarks without our written consent.
- In linking, you must not claim or infer the existence of any relationship with, or endorsement by, us without our written consent.
- We may seek the removal of any link to its website or content. If a link is not immediately removed upon request, we reserve the right to disable that link.
This blog is moderated by us. All comments and posts will be reviewed to ensure that they comply with these blog moderation guidelines (“Guidelines”). We may remove posts that don’t fit these Guidelines.
This blog is public. This means that anyone can see your posts and your posts may even show up in search-engine results (like Google).
We encourage you to:
- Stay on topic, use common courtesy and be respectful of others
- Follow the rules of polite discourse and we ask that participants treat each other, as well as our employees, with respect.
- Submit your own original content, and do not post someone else’s copyrighted work unless you have permission
- Do not include any personal or sensitive information (such as your bank account details, birthday, home address, phone number, driver’s licence, or tax file number).
- Do not link to factually incorrect content or any other webpage. Any links to third party sites that cannot be verified will be removed.
- Do not post or transmit material you do not have the right to post or transmit under law.
While we welcome comments from everyone, posts on this page do not necessarily reflect our opinion.
Comment and Posting Policy
We expect conversations to follow the rules of polite discourse and we ask that participants treat each other, as well as our employees, with respect.
For the benefit of healthy discussion, we ask that comments remain on topic. This means that comments should relate to the topic that is being discussed within that wall post.
Deleting comments or posts
We may delete comments that we consider to be unrelated to the topic or that do not add to the overall experience of our site. In addition, we may remove identical posts by the same user or multiple users (a group of people sending identical messages or one person submitting under different aliases). In the case of identical posts, we will leave the first submission and delete the duplicates.
We may delete any posts or links which we consider:
- Profane, obscene, inappropriate, disruptive or unrelated.
- Indecent, sexually explicit or pornographic material of any kind
- Threating; personal attacks; abusive, defamatory, derogatory, or inflammatory language; or stalking or harassment of any individual, entity or organisation.
- Discriminatory: including hateful speech of any kind regarding age, gender, race, religion, nationality, sexual orientation or disability.
- False, inaccurate, libelous or otherwise misleading.
- contains legal, financial or other professional advice;
- may infringe or violate the intellectual property rights of any person or entity;
- may be criminal in nature, or instigates or implies violence toward oneself or another may be reported to the proper authorities.
- constitutes cyber-bullying or threatens, stalks or harasses any person;
- solicits or incites unlawful behaviour or offensive or inappropriate conduct;
- may be unlawful or illegal or breaches any relevant code or guideline;
- would breach any privacy laws or discloses the personal information of any person or may be considered a security risk;
- content disrupts discussions on the site or interferes with access, content, operation, use or functionality of the site;
- constitutes spam or is used to promote, sell, distribute or advertise products or services;
- includes any uploads, software, links or attached files that contain viruses, corrupted files or any other software that may damage the operation or use of a device or the operation of the site;
- includes any uploads, software, links or attached files that directs users to other webpages and sites; or
- in our absolute discretion, is inappropriate.
We reserve the right to ban any user from our site without notice for violations of these Guidelines.
If you have questions or comments about this site or the contents, please contact your Business Development Manager (is that the right party?).
If a post requires a response we will get back to you within 48 hours (Monday – Friday).
Site terms and conditions
This site is managed by Advantedge Financial Services Holdings Pty Ltd ABN 57 095 300 502 for it and its related bodies corporate (“we”, “us”).
This site provides a place for you to comment, access, use and make content available to the site.
By accessing, linking, commenting, making content available or uploading to this site, you confirm that you have read the Guidelines and these site terms and conditions (“Terms and Conditions”) agree to be bound by the Guidelines the Terms and Conditions.
Privacy and Security Policies
By posting content on this site, you consent to:
To protect your privacy and the privacy of others, do not include identifiable information such as your bank account details, birthday, home address, phone number, driver’s license, tax file number, email address or phone number in any comment or post.
If you do include identifiable information in your comment, your comment or post may be deleted.
When you post to the site you:
- warrant and represent that you are the copyright owner of the content or that the copyright owner of the content has granted you permission to use such content consistent with the manner and purpose of your use
- have not included any material in your content that is false, misleading or deceptive
- grant us, a nonexclusive, worldwide rights to republish, redistribute, or otherwise use comments, posts, tagged photos, videos, ideas, or any other content on our page in perpetuity in any way we see fit. This could include, but is not limited to, marketing and advertising materials.
- You are liable for the infringement of any party’s copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret, intellectual property, or other proprietary rights, or right of publicity or privacy of content you post.
- waive any moral rights in the content you post to the site.
In addition to the rights set out in the Guidelines and the Terms and Conditions, we may:
- review, store, amend, alter, reject or remove any content that you upload or make available to the site;
- cease operation of this site; and
- amend these Guidelines or Terms and Conditions from time to time.
Use site at own risk
You use the site at your own risk.
We do not warrant or represent that the information in this site is free from errors or omissions or is suitable for your intended use.
We recommend that you seek independent advice before acting on any information in this site. Subject to any terms implied by law and which cannot be excluded,
Exclusion of liability
To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all guarantees and warranties relating to your access and use of the site.
We accept no responsibility for any loss, damage, cost or expense (whether direct or indirect) incurred by you as a result of any error, omission or misrepresentation in any information in this site.
If any term is deemed to be void, illegal or invalid the term will be severed and will continue in full force and effect, except for the severed term.
The laws of Victoria, Australia govern the interpretation of these guidelines and, you submit to the exclusive jurisdiction to the courts of Victoria, Australia in regard to any dispute relating to these Guidelines and Terms and Conditions.
PLAN Australia has compiled the above articles for your information and to use as a general reference. Whilst all reasonable care has been taken by PLAN Australia in compiling this information, given the information has been sourced from third parties external to PLAN Australia, PLAN Australia cannot be certain that the information, recommendations or opinions (“information”) are accurate, or complete, nor should a mention of any business or website be taken as a recommendation or endorsement of that business.
This website may contain links to websites controlled or offered by third parties. These links are provided for your information only; by providing a link, PLAN Australia is not endorsing or recommending the products, services or the information contained on those sites and PLAN Australia will not be liable for any products and services offered (or their failure) or any information published on these third party websites.