With experts predicting that 2016 will be the year of video marketing, what can you do to harness the power of video marketing in your broker business?
With video content expected to drive 80 per cent of all online consumer traffic by 2019, there’s no question that video is a powerful tool and has a rightful place in your marketing arsenal. Here’s a look at some ways you can harness the power of video marketing to grow your business and drive more sales.
Why you should engage with video marketing
If the old adage “a picture is worth a thousand words” is true, then today’s picture is a video – and it’s worth even more. People like videos because they’re visually appealing, take less time to consume than traditional media and can convey information quickly and easily.
If you’re still not convinced, consider the following statistics:
- 70 per cent of marketing respondents believe video converts better than other types of content.
- The number of people watching YouTube videos is growing at a rate of 50 per cent year over year.
- Over one-third of large organisations are producing more than 100 marketing videos annually.
Currently, only 4 per cent of small businesses are producing videos at the same pace as their larger counterparts, providing ample opportunities for SMEs to gain ground. As videos continue to drive website traffic, you can bet that more businesses will be using video marketing to create greater customer engagement as part of their overall marketing strategy. Will yours be one of them?
Videos can drive more traffic to your website
When it comes to generating leads and increasing conversions on your website, traffic is the name of the game. Because YouTube videos tend to rank highly in search engine results, having a video content strategy is an effective way to attract more customers and ultimately drive them to your website with a clear call to action.
Practical tips for engaging with video
One of the fastest and easiest ways to start engaging with video is to set up a branded YouTube channel for your business. If you’re just getting started, you can take advantage of the many tools now available that allow you to create engaging and professional-looking videos for minimal cost.
As you develop your video marketing strategy, it’s important to:
- Create a regular video-posting schedule.
- Cover a range of relevant topics aimed at your target audience as part of an overall video marketing campaign.
- Actively promote your videos across your social media channels, email communications and newsletters, and post them on your website to increase return on investment.
- Consider how your videos will be consumed on mobile devices and plan accordingly.
- Create detailed YouTube video descriptions to increase your SEO rankings and make it easier for customers to find you when they search.
- Keep your videos short, entertaining and to the point.
Creating a video strategy for your business doesn’t need to be difficult or costly, but it does involve planning. Think about your target market and what matters to them, then create content that speaks directly to their needs.
With the right video strategy, you can establish your business as a respected brand and authority, which can help bring more clients to your door.
To learn more about how you can leverage your business using video marketing, please contact us.